- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 An Introduction to the Cartilaginous Fishes
- Chapter 2 Evolutionary History
- Chapter 3 Body Design and Swimming Modes
- Chapter 4 Water and Ionic Regulation
- Chapter 5 Warming of the Body
- Chapter 6 Sense of Smell: Chemoreception
- Chapter 7 Sense of Hearing: Mechanoreception
- Chapter 8 Sense of Sight: Photoreception
- Chapter 9 Sense of Electromagnetic Fields: Electroreception/Magnetoreception
- Chapter 10 Brain Organization and Intelligence
- Chapter 11 Courtship and Reproduction
- Chapter 12 Feeding Behavior and Biomechanics
- Chapter 13 Diet and Growth
- Chapter 14 Daily Movements, Home Range, and Migration
- Chapter 15 Cartilaginous Fishes and Humans
- Chapter 16 Fisheries and Conservation
- Illustration Credits
- The Biology of Sharks and Rays
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.