- Title Pages
- Note On Terminology
- 1 Emotion and Action
- 2 Ernani
- 3 “O Cieli Azzurri”
- 4 * What “Happens” in the Act 2 Finale of <i>Le nozze di Figaro</i>?
- 5 * The Death of King Duncan
- 6 * “D'amor sull'ali rosee”
- 7 Some Difficulties in the Historiography of Italian Opera
- 8 Verdi
- 9 * Meyerbeer in Nineteenth-Century Italian Criticism and the Idea of “Musical Drama”
- 10 * Alberto Mazzucato and the Beginnings of Italian Verdi Criticism
- 11 <b><i>Parola scenica</i></b> in Verdi and His Critics
- 12 * Gabriele Baldini on Verdi
- Not without Madness
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.