- Title Pages
- Part One Men of Knowledge in Search of Redemption or Salvation
- 1 Humanism as Nihilism: The Bracketing of Truth and Seriousness in American Cultural Anthropology
- 2 Chicken or Glass: Between Clifford Geertz and Paul Hyman
- 3 Foucault’s Untimely Struggle: Toward a Form of Spirituality
- 4 Michel Foucault: A Philosopher’s Morality? Toward a <i>Bios Technika</i>
- Part Two In Search of a Contemporary Anthropology
- 5 Collaboration, Concepts, and Assemblages
- 6 Venues: The Labinar and the Anthropology of the Contemporary Research Collaboratory
- 7 An Experiment in Discordancy: Reflections on Familiarity, Trust, and Confidence in Synthetic Biology
- 8 Why There Is No Contemporary Bioscience, Only a Modern One
- 9 The Accompaniment: On the Contemporary and the Untimely
- Conclusion: The Demands of the Day: An Untimely Accompaniment
- Index of Subjects
- Index of Names and Titles
- The Accompaniment
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.