- Title Pages
- Relation of the Directors to the Work and Publications of the NBER
- Chapter One Robert Gallman’s Capital Stock Project
- Chapter Two Gallman’s Core Capital Stock Data
- Chapter Three The United States Capital Stock, 1840–1900
- Chapter Four Capital and American Economic Growth, 1774–1980
- Chapter Five Gallman’s Annual Product Series, 1834–1909
- Chapter Six Investment Flows and Capital Stocks
- Chapter Seven Agriculture
- Chapter Eight Mining and Manufacturing
- Chapter Nine Nonfarm Real Estate and Tradee<sup>*</sup>
- Chapter Ten Transportation
- Chapter Eleven Communication and Electric Utilities
- Chapter Twelve Inventories
- Chapter Thirteen Consumer Durables
- Chapter Fourteen Wealth in the Colonial and Early National Periods
- Chapter Fifteen Wrapping Up
- Capital in the Nineteenth Century
Robert E. Gallman
Paul W. Rhode
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.