- Title Pages
- Introduction Good: What Values Do We Bring to Music?
- 1 Serious: The Cultural Work of Classical Music and the Trap of Musical Sound
- 2 Unified: Beethoven, the Beatles, and the Imperfect Ideology of the Masterpiece
- 3 Deep: Classical Values and Musical Color in Mahler’s Symphonies
- 4 Authentic: Progressive Rock and the Inversion of Musical Values
- 5 Heroic: “Classic” Jazz and Musical Dialogues
- 6 Original: Handel Historiography and the Horizontal Remix
- 7 Connected: What’s at Stake in How We Love the Music We Love?
- Works Cited
- Good Music
John J. Sheinbaum
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.