- Title Pages
- Chapter One The Sources for Prehistory
- Chapter Two Preparing Artifacts for History
- Chapter Three Archaeology and the Creation of Historical Places
- Part II The New Empire and the Ancient Past
- Chapter Four Rudolf Virchow and the Anthropological Orientation of Prehistory
- Chapter Five Domestic Archaeology
- Chapter Six Narrating the National Past
- Chapter Seven Professionalization and Nationalism in Domestic Archaeology
- Chapter Eight Prehistory as a National Socialist Narrative
- Germany's Ancient Pasts
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.