- Title Pages
- Tables and Figures
- Chapter One Our Troubled Highway System
- Chapter Two How the Private Sector Is Reinventing America’s Freeways
- Chapter Three Where America’s 20th-Century Highway Model Came From
- Chapter Four The Rediscovery of Toll Road Companies Overseas
- Chapter Five Toll Concessions Return to America
- Chapter Six The Benefits of Long-Term P3 Concessions
- Chapter Seven Critics and Controversy: Opposition to Tolling and Long-Term Concessions
- Chapter Eight Highways as Network Utilities
- Chapter Nine Transforming the Interstate Highways
- Chapter Ten Transforming Urban Freeways
- Chapter Eleven Challenges to the New Vision for US Highways
- Chapter Twelve A New Future for US Highways
- Rethinking America's Highways
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.