- Title Pages
- Introduction Why Desire?
- 1 The Birth of <i>Homo Oeconomicus</i>
- 2 Man’s “Vain and Insatiable Desires,” or the “Oeconomy of Greatness”
- 3 Neoliberal Governmentality
- 4 “Abnormal Desires” and “Barbarous Instincts”
- 5 Instincts or Drives?
- 6 Recognition, That “Most Ardent Desire”
- 7 Struggles for Recognition
- 8 The Consolations of Recognition
- Conclusion Desire, Again …
- The Government of Desire
Miguel de Beistegui
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.