- Title Pages
- 1 Darwin’s Opportunity
- 2 An Amphibious Being
- 3 Studying Dry Land with a Maritime Perspective
- 4 The Making of a Eureka Moment
- 5 The Surveyor-Naturalist
- 6 Lyell Claims Darwin as a Student
- 7 Darwin’s Audacity, Lyell’s Choreography
- 8 Burned by Success
- 9 The Life of a Tormented Geologist (and Enthusiastic Evolutionist)
- 10 A Finished Task: Darwin’s Treatise on Coral Reefs
- 11 Atoning for the Sin of Speculation
- Darwin's Evolving Identity
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.