- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 An American Institution
- Chapter 2 A Blizzard of Data
- Chapter 3 Spending and Taxes, 1970–2000
- Chapter 4 For the Many or the Few
- Chapter 5 Conservative or Liberal
- Chapter 6 When Legislators Get Out of Step
- Chapter 7 Key Episodes in the Twentieth Century
- Chapter 8 Majority Tyranny and the Constitution
- Chapter 9 Delegation, Information, and Competition
- Appendix 1 Initiative Provisions in States, 1898–2003
- Appendix 2 Initiative Provisions in the Twenty Largest Cities, 2000
- Appendix 3 Data Definitions and Sources
- Appendix 4 Critical Notes on the Empirical Literature
- For the Many or the Few
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.