- Title Pages
- One A Malleable World: Injury, Care, and Belonging
- Interlude Yashume
- Two The Pure and the Pious: Flow, Containment, and Transgression
- Three Mending the Mothers of Ethiopia: Institutional Roots, Logic, and Mission
- Interlude Poison
- Four Clinical Tracks: Moving through Surgery
- Five Healing and Reforming: The Making of the Modern Clinical Subject
- Interlude Conversion
- Six From Orphan to Apprentice: Crafting Patient Entrepreneurs at Desta Mender
- Beyond Surgery
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.