- Title Pages
- Introduction “A matter so obscure, so difficult, and likewise so new …”
- Chapter One Argument, Narrative, and Methods Discourse
- Chapter Two Many, Many Experiments
- Chapter Three Trying Again
- Chapter Four Newtonian Poison
- Chapter Five Experiment as the Only Guide
- Chapter Six Thousands of Experiments
- Chapter Seven Practical Criticisms
- Chapter Eight Controlling Experiment
- Chapter Nine Unobservables
- Chapter Ten Fragmentation and Modularity
- Conclusion About Methods
- About Method
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.