- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 A Gendered History
- 3 Tatico Forever
- 4 Fefita the Great
- 5 <i>Filosofía de Calle</i>: Transnational Tigueraje
- 6 Temporary Transvestites: Cross-Dressing Merengue, Bachata, and Reggaetón
- 7 Listening Sideways: The Transgenre Work of Rita Indiana
- 8 Dispatch from an Imaginary Island
- Appendix A: Dominican Musics Mentioned in This Book
- Appendix B: <i>A Comparison of Two Accordionists’</i> Botaos
- Appendix C: Movement and Gesture Analysis of Fefita la Grande Performing “La chiflera”
- Works Cited
- Tigers of a Different Stripe
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.