- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- A Note on Texts and Translations
- Chapter One Enchanted (Post) Modernity
- Part I God’s Shadow
- Chapter Two Revenge of the Magicians
- Chapter Three The Myth of Absence
- Chapter Four The Shadow of God
- Chapter Five The Decline of Magic: J. G. Frazer
- Chapter Six The Revival of Magick: Aleister Crowley
- Part II The Horrors of Metaphysics
- Chapter Seven The Black Tide: Mysticism, Rationality, and the German Occult Revival
- Chapter Eight Dialectic of Darkness: The Magical Foundations of Critical Theory
- Chapter Nine The Ghosts of Metaphysics: Logical Positivism and Disenchantment
- Chapter Ten The World of Enchantment; or, Max Weber at the End of History
- Conclusion The Myth of Modernity
- The Myth of Disenchantment
Jason Ā. Josephson-Storm
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.