- Title Pages
- One Introduction
- Two Building Legitimate States After Civil Wars
- Three States and Civil Societies following Civil Wars
- Four Electoral Rules and Post-Civil War Conflict Management: The Limitations of Institutional Design
- Five Sustaining Peace: Renegotiating Postwar Settlements
- Six Soft Intervention in Africa: US Efforts to Generate Support for Peace
- Seven Soft Intervention and the Transformation of Militias into Political Parties
- Eight Cautionary Tales: Soft Intervention and Civil Society
- Nine Soft Intervention and the Puzzling Neglect of Economic Actors
- Ten Conclusions
- Strengthening Peace in Post-Civil War States
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.