- Title Pages
- A Word About Names
- The Principal Cast
- Prologue Setting the Stage
- Chapter One Airing Dirty Laundry
- Chapter Two The Genre Goes Hard-Core: A Brief History of Talk Shows and the Money Shot
- Chapter Three Talk as Work: Routinizing the Production Process
- Chapter Four Talk as Show (a Show of Emotion)
- Chapter Five The Other Side of the Camera: Motives and Misgivings
- Chapter Six Inside the Fun House
- Chapter Seven Will the Real Expert Please Stand Up?
- Chapter Eight Trash, Class, and Cultural Hierarchy
- Epilogue Airing Another Kind of Dirty Laundry: Confessions of a Feminist Fieldworker
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.