- Title Pages
- 1 Mare O Monti
- 2 Setting the Stage
- 3 Transmission Versus Tradition
- 4 Scandal and Scholarship
- 5 The Romance of the Critical Edition
- 6 Scholars and Performers
- 7 Choosing a Version
- 8 Serafin's Scissors
- 9 Ornamenting Rossini
- 10 Higher and Lower
- 11 Words and Music: Texts and Translations
- 12 Instruments Old and New
- 13 From the Score to the Stage
- 14 Two Kings Head North
- Index of Principal Operas Discussed
- General Index
Bellini, Donizetti, Rossini, and Verdi
- Divas and Scholars
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.