- Title Pages
- Chapter One Introduction
- Chapter Two Economic Theory and the Evolution of Water Law
- Chapter Three Water and the Technologies of Mining
- Chapter Four Watering the Diggings
- Chapter Five The Informal Law of the Mining Camps
- Chapter Six Origins of the Common Law of Mining and Water Rights
- Chapter Seven The Origins of Prior Appropriation
- Chapter Eight Water Quality and the Law of Nuisance
- Chapter Nine Bursting Dams and the Law of Torts
- Chapter Ten Conclusions
- Golden Rules
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.