- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Social Consequences of Dual Inheritance
- One A Brief History and Outline of Dual Inheritance Theory
- Two When Genetic and Cultural Reproduction Diverge
- Three The Cultural Channel
- Four Two Kinds of Sociality
- Five Society beyond the Genetic Program
- Six The Asymmetry of Cultural versus Genetic Reproduction
- Seven The Society of Men
- Eight Symbolic Reproduction and Reproductive Symbolism
- Nine Beyond Gender Asymmetry and Male Privilege
- Ten Sources of Human Sociality
- Conclusion: The Giant Yams of Pohnpei
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.