- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Learning: Mechanisms, Ecology, and Evolution
- 3 The How and Why of Structural Plasticity in the Adult Honeybee Brain
- 4 More on the Cognitive Ecology of Song Communication and Song Learning in the Song Sparrow
- 5 Consequences of Brain Development for Sexual Signaling in Songbirds
- 6 Development of Spatial Memory and the Hippocampus under Nutritional Stress: Adaptive Priorities or Developmental Constraints in Brain Development?
- 7 The Cognitive-Buffer Hypothesis for the Evolution of Large Brains
- 8 Cognitive Mate Choice
- 9 Monogamous Brains and Alternative Tactics: Neuronal V1aR, Space Use, and Sexual Infidelity among Male Prairie Voles
- 10 Assessing Risk: Embryos, Information, and Escape Hatching
- 11. Predator-Prey Interaction in an Auditory World
- 12 What Do Functionally Referential Alarm Calls Refer To?
- 13 Adaptive Trade-offs in the Use of Social and Personal Information
- 14 The 3E's Approach to Social Information Use in Birds: Ecology, Ethology, and Evolutionary History
- 15 Prospects
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.