- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- 1 Introduction
- 2 A Look Back
- 3 A Sketch of the Islamic Mapping Tradition
- 4 KMMS World Maps Primer
- 5 Iconography of the Encircling Ocean
- 6 Classical and Medieval Encircling Oceans
- 7 The Muslim Baḥr al-Muḥīṭ
- 8 The Beja in Time and Space
- 9 How the Beja Capture Imagination
- 10 Meḥmed II and Map Patronage
- 11 The KMMS Ottoman Cluster
- 12 Source of the Ottoman Cluster
- 13 Conclusion
- Medieval Islamic Maps
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.