- Title Pages
- A National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report
- National Bureau of Economic Research
- Relation of the Directors to the Work and Publications of the National Bureau of Economic Research
- Preface and Acknowledgments
1Is the United States Losing Its Preeminence in Higher Education?
2To Be or Not to Be
3Coming to America: Where Do International Doctorate Students Study and How Do US Universities Respond?
4The Economics of University Science and the Role of Foreign Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
5Universities as Firms
6The Structure of European Higher Education in the Wake of the Bologna Reforms
7The Americanization of European Higher Education and Research
8Higher Education in China
9Indian Higher Education
10From Brain Drain to Brain Competition
11What Does Global Expansion of Higher Education Mean for the United States?
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- American Universities in a Global Market
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.