- Title Pages
- Preface: The Larger Symbolism of Symbolic Cases
- Chapter 1 When Cases Become Causes
- Chapter 2 The Rape of the Central Park Jogger
- Chapter 3 The Murder of Yusef Hawkins
- Chapter 4 <i>In re</i> the Legal System
- Chapter 5 More on the Press: <i>Journalistic Divides</i>
- Chapter 6 Taking Sides: <i>Diverse Public Reactions</i>
- Chapter 7 High-Profile Crimes and American Culture
- Appendix A Dates and Descriptions of Provoking Assaults
- Appendix B Identifying the Top Twenty High-Profile Crimes, 1985–1996
- Appendix C Acknowledging Intellectual Debts and Distinctions
- Works Cited
- High-Profile Crimes
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.