- Title Pages
- Chapter One Democratic Minds for a Complex Society
- Chapter Two The Creative American
- Chapter Three Interdisciplinarity as a Virtue
- Chapter Four The Academy as Model of America
- Chapter Five Scientists as the Model of Human Nature
- Chapter Six Instituting Cognitive Science
- Chapter Seven Cognitive Theory and the Making of Liberal Americans
- Chapter Eight A Fractured Politics of Human Nature
- Conclusion The History of the Open Mind
- Personal Interviews and Communications
- Published Sources
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.