- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Socratic Question of the <i>Ethics</i>
- 1 The Final End and the Way to It
- 2 Excellence of Character
- 3 Virtues and Vices
- 4 Excellence of Thought
- 5 Pleasure and the Discovery of Nature
- 6 Friendship and the Discovery of the Self
- 7 Happiness
- Appendix 1 <i>Socrates, Plato, Philosophy in the</i> Nicomachean Ethics
- Appendix 2 <i>Virtues and Vices</i> (Nicomachean Ethics <i>III and IV</i>)
- Appendix 3 <i>Categories of Justice</i> (Nicomachean Ethics <i>V</i>)
- Appendix 4 <i>Classifications of Pleasure</i> (Nicomachean Ethics <i>VII</i>)
- Aristotle's Dialogue with Socrates
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.