- Title Pages
- Translator's Note
- Preface to the French Edition
- One <i>Muthos</i> and <i>Philosophia</i>
- Two Plato's Attitude toward Myth
- Three Aristotle and the Beginnings of Allegorical Exegesis
- FOUR Stoics, Epicureans, and the New Academy
- FIVE Pythagoreanism and Platonism
- SIX The Neoplatonic School of Athens
- SEVEN Byzantium and the Pagan Myths
- EIGHT The Western Middle Ages
- NINE The Renaissance
- How Philosophers Saved Myths
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.