- Title Pages
- Part One Strauss’s Recovery of Exotericism
- Chapter One Exotericism Exposed
- Chapter Two Exotericism Embraced
- Part Two The Socratic Enlightenment
- Chapter Three The Peculiarly Socratic Philosophizing
- Chapter Four Socrates, the Real Real Man
- Chapter Five Platonic Political Philosophy
- Chapter Six Extending the History of Philosophy Back to Homer
- Part Three The Modern Enlightenment
- Chapter Seven Attacking the Enlightenment on Behalf of Orthodoxy
- Chapter Eight Attacking the Enlightenment on Behalf of Socrates
- Chapter Nine Advancing the Enlightenment
- Works Cited
- The Enduring Importance of Leo Strauss
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.