- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Metropolitan Sources of the Adamses' Views of Sensibility
- Chapter 2 The Meanings of Sensibility
- Chapter 3 The Theory of Gendered Sensibility
- Chapter 4 Social Circles and the Reformation of Female Manners
- Chapter 5 Young American Women Enter the World
- Chapter 6 A Woman's Struggle over Sensibility
- Chapter 7 Sensibility and Reform
- Chapter 8 Abigail's Perspective, Public versus Private
- Chapter 9 John Adams and the Reformation of Male Manners
- Chapter 10 The Pleasures and Pains of Public Life
- Chapter 11 Raising Children With Sensibility
- Chapter 12 A Reformed Rake?
- Chapter 13 The Question Answered
- Chapter 14 The Americanization of Sensibility
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.