- Title Pages
- One The Mountain as Object of Knowledge
- Part One The Mountain of States and Nations
- Two The Mountain and the Territoriality of the Modern State
- Three The Mountaineer
- Four Politics of Nature
- Five The Mountain as Living Environment
- Part Two The Mountain on a Global Scale
- Six The Mountain and Colonial and Postcolonial Territoriality
- Seven Exporting and Acclimatizing Regional Planning Models to the Tropics
- Eight The Globalization of Mountain Issues
- Nine Mountain Men and Women of Globalization
- Ten The EU Mountain: Nowhere to Be Found?
- Eleven The Unifying Mountain
- The Mountain
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.