- Title Pages
- CHAPTER ONE Introduction
- CHAPTER TWO Historical Perspectives on Marriage
- CHAPTER THREE Comparing Marriage, Cohabitation, and Being Single
- CHAPTER FOUR Entering Marital and Cohabiting Unions*
- CHAPTER FIVE Influence of Parental Youth Factors before Birth of Study Child
- CHAPTER SIX Influence of Parental Factors During Childhood and Adolescence of the Children *
- CHAPTER SEVEN The Courtship Process and Union Formation*
- CHAPTER EIGHT Religious Affiliation and Commitment
- CHAPTER NINE The Influence of Attitudes, Values, and Beliefs*
- CHAPTER TEN Educational Influences
- CHAPTER ELEVEN Work, Earnings Potential, and Career Aspiration*
- CHAPTER TWELVE Conclusions
- Appendix A Technical Explanation of Estimation of Total, Direct, and Indirect Effects*
- Appendix B Conceptualizing and Estimating Union Formation Rates
- Appendix C Description of Measures Used in Chapter 5 Through 11
- Appendix D* Constructing Measures of Earnings Potential for Use in Chapter 11
- Marriage and Cohabitation
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.