- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Introduction: The Problem and Efforts to Understand It
- 1 Overview: What We Did and What We Found
- 2 Shared Outrage, Erratic Awards
- 3 Deliberating about Dollars: The Severity Shift
- 4 Do Plaintiffs' Requests and Plaintiffs' Identities Matter?
- 5 Judging Corporate Recklessness
- 6 Looking Backward in Punitive Judgments: 20–20 Vision?
- 7 Corporate Risk Analysis: A Reckless Act?
- 8 Do People Want Optimal Deterrence?
- 9 Deterrence Instructions: What Jurors Won't Do
- 10 Judging Risk and Recklessness
- 11 Do Judges Do Better?
- 12 Putting It All Together
- 13 What Should Be Done?
- Appendix: Judge's Instructions
- Punitive Damages
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.