- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- One Introduction: Understanding the Greater Serengeti Ecosystem
- Two Historical and Future Changes to the Serengeti Ecosystem
- Three Paleoecology of the Serengeti-Mara Ecosystem
- Four The Resource Basis of Human-Wildlife Interaction
- Five Generation and Maintenance of Heterogeneity in the Serengeti Ecosystem
- Six Global Environmental Changes and Their Impact on the Serengeti
- Seven The Multiple Roles of Infectious Diseases in the Serengeti Ecosystem
- Eight Reticulate Food Webs in Space and Time: Messages from the Serengeti
- Nine Spatial Dynamics and Coexistence of the Serengeti Grazer Community
- Ten Dynamic Consequences of Human Behavior in the Serengeti Ecosystem
- Eleven Human Responses to Change: Modeling Household Decision Making in Western Serengeti
- Twelve Larger-Scale Influences on the Serengeti Ecosystem: National and International Policy, Economics, and Human Demography
- Thirteen Land Use Economics in the Mara Area of the Serengeti Ecosystem
- Fourteen: Propagation of Change through a Complex Ecosystem
- Fifteen Who Pays for Conservation? Current and Future Financing Scenarios for the Serengeti Ecosystem
- Sixteen Integrating Conservation in Human and Natural Ecosystems
- Appendix The Main Herbivorous Mammals and Crocodiles in the Greater Serengeti Ecosystem
- Serengeti III
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.