- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Littoral in Science and History
- One Philosophers, Mariners, Tides
- Two The Bounded Thames
- Three Dessiou's Claim
- Four “Tidology”
- Five The Tide Crusade
- Six Calculated Collaborations
- Seven Creating Space for the “Scientist”
- Conclusion: The Tides of Empire
- Glossary: Terms Applied to Tidal Theory in the Early Victorian Era
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.