- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 The Changing Institution of Marriage and the Exclusion of Same-Sex Couples
- Chapter 3 Registered Partnerships in the Nordic Countries
- Chapter 4 Same-Sex Partnerships in the Netherlands
- Chapter 5 Recognition of Same-Sex Partnerships in Other European Countries
- Chapter 6 The Cohabitation Model
- Chapter 7 Same-Sex Partnerships in the United States
- Chapter 8 Contrasts between the Models of Recognition and the Status of Same-Sex Partnerships in the United States and Northern Europe
- Chapter 9 Domestic Partnership, Registered Partnership, and Marriage
- Chapter 10 Alternatives to Marriage and the Doctrine of “Separate but Equal”
- Chapter 11 The Feasibility of Opening Up Marriage to Same-Sex Couples
- Chapter 12 Conclusion
- Appendix A European Same-Sex Legislation in Translation
- Appendix B Developments in the United Kingdom, Israel, South Africa, and Brazil
- Equality for Same-Sex Couples
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.