- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Roots of Rehabilitation
- One The Problem of the Pensioner
- Two Reconstructing Disabled Soldiers
- Three A New Female Force
- Four Maximalist Medicine at Walter Reed
- Five The Limb Lab and the Engineering of Manly Bodies
- Six Propaganda and Patient Protest
- Seven Rehabilitating the Industrial Army
- Epilogue: Walter Reed, Then and Now
- Selected Archival Sources
- Congressional Records
- Primary Sources
- Secondary Sources
- War's Waste
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.