- Title Pages
- Part I Printing Pictures
- Chapter 1 Techniques and Craftsmen
- Chapter 2 Publishers’ Calculations
- Chapter 3 Copying and Coloring
- Chapter 4 Control
- Part II Picturing Medicinal Plants
- Chapter 5 Accidents and Arguments: Fuchs’s De Historia Stirpium
- Chapter 6 Arguments over Pictures: Reactions to Fuchs’s De Historia Stirpium
- Chapter 7 Gessner and the Making of the Historia Plantarum
- Chapter 8 The Authority of Pictures: Gessner, Mattioli, and Jamnitzer
- Part III Picturing Human Anatomy
- Chapter 9 Vesalius and the Bloodletting Controversy
- Chapter 10 The Canon of the Human Body: Vesalius’s De Humani Corporis Fabrica
- Chapter 11 Text, Image, Body, and the Book
- Picturing the Book of Nature
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.