- Title Pages
- Figures and Table
- One Explaining the Absence of War
- Two “Those Who Eat Monkey Will Never Rule over Us”
- Interlude: Palm Wine and Ethnic Cleansing
- Three Articulating Betrayal
- Four An Exceptional Case: The Killings in Nuvanuita
- Part Three Afterlives
- Interlude: “I’m not putting my life on the line …”
- Five The Rhetoric of Counterinsurgency
- Six The Symbolic Death of Sékou Touré
- Interlude: Ga li?
- Seven The Cinquantenaire and the Dadis Show
- Eight Conclusion
- Works Cited
- A Socialist Peace?
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.