- Title Pages
- Introduction The Stock Exchange Modality
- Chapter One Writing about the Margin
- Chapter Two Rise of the Cannibals
- Chapter Three Anthropologists without Qualities
- Chapter Four The Ogre of Foreign Loans
- Chapter Five The Learned Society in the Foreign Debt Food Chain
- Chapter Six Acts of Speculation
- Chapter Seven Wanderlust: The Upbringing of a Victorian Racist
- Chapter Eight Salt-Water Anthropology
- Chapter Nine The Violence of Science
- Chapter Ten The Man Who Ate the Cannibals
- Chapter Eleven Subject Races
- Conclusion Catharsis: The Displayed and the Hidden
- Supplement One Principles of Social Editing: Two Portraits of Bedford Pim
- Supplement Two Pim’s Travels: From the Gorgon to the Fury
- Supplement Three The Demographics of Cannibals
- Supplement Four How to Prick an Anthropological Bubble
- Works Cited
- Anthropologists in the Stock Exchange
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.