- Title Pages
- Roster of Individuals
- Chapter One A Study in Controversy
- Chapter Two Setting the Stage
- Chapter Three Establishing the American Paleolithic, 1872–1881
- Chapter Four The American Paleolithic Comes of Age, 1882–1889
- Chapter Five The Great Paleolithic War, 1890–1897
- Chapter Six Cro-Magnons in Kansas, Neanderthals in Nebraska, 1899–1914
- Chapter Seven Dangerous to the Cause of Science, 1915–1925
- Chapter Eight In the Belly of the Beast, 1921–1928
- Chapter Nine Fast Forward, 1930–1941
- Chapter Ten Controversy and Its Resolution
- Appendix: Whatever became of …?
- The Great Paleolithic War
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.