- Title Pages
- 1 Where the Money Comes From
- 2 Market Forces in Higher Education
- 3 Why Public Universities Cannot Restrain Costs
- 4 The University Prime Directive
- 5 The Faculty Are the University
- 6 The Cargo Cult College
- 7 The Blessing and Curse of Shared Governance
- 8 What Price Shared Governance?
- 9 The Shape of Things to Come
- 10 Leadership Begins with the Trustees
- 11 The Role of Governing Boards in the New Era
- 12 Recruiting Presidential Leadership
- 13 Reforming the Academic Culture
- 14 A Proposal for Deregulation of Public Universities
- Appendix A The Miami University Tuition Plan
- Appendix B The Impact of Competition on Public University Tuition, Costs, and Revenue
- Appendix C Suggested Readings
- Saving Alma Mater
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.