- Title Pages
- Note to Reader
- Chapter 1 The Making of a Physician
- Chapter 2 Early Medical and Scientific Interests
- Chapter 3 Early Years as a Natural Philosopher
- Chapter 4 Malleable Platinum
- Chapter 5 Palladium and Rhodium
- Chapter 6 Optical Devices and Social Networks
- Chapter 7 Commercial Platinum
- Chapter 8 Organic Chemicals and Multiple Combining Proportions
- Chapter 9 Crystals and Atoms
- Chapter 10 More Practical and Conceptual Innovation
- Chapter 11 Changing Priorities
- Chapter 12 Service to Government and the Royal Society
- Chapter 13 A Diversity of Interests
- Chapter 14 The Last Years
- Chapter 15 Post Mortem and Legacy
- Pure Intelligence
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.