- Title Pages
- Part One The High-Profile Trial
- Chapter One Where Courtrooms and Communities Meet
- Chapter Two Inside the Courtroom
- Part Two A Case-Study Sequence
- Chapter Three The Punishing of Aaron Burr
- Chapter Four John Brown: Defendant on the Loose
- Chapter Five Mary Surratt on the Altar of National Identity
- Chapter Six Traitors in Name Only: The Haymarket Defendants
- Chapter Seven Killing the Rosenbergs
- Part Three In Court Today
- Chapter Eight The Trial in Television America
- Chapter Nine Seeing Justice Done
- The Trial in American Life
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.