- Title Pages
- Prologue Eating Orders
- Chapter One Culinary Configurations
- Chapter Two Inventing French Cuisine
- Chapter Three Readings in a Culinary Culture
- Chapter Four Food Nostalgia
- Chapter Five Consuming Passions
- Epilogue <i>Babette's Feast</i>: A Fable for Culinary France
- Appendix A
- Appendix B Sample of Cookbooks
- Appendix C
- Accounting for Taste
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.