- Title Pages
- National Bureau of Economic Research
- 1 Does the Current Account Matter?
- 2 Are Trade Linkages Important Determinants of Country Vulnerability to Crises?
- 3 What Hurts Emerging Markets Most?
- 4 When is U.S. Bank Lending to Emerging Markets Volatile?
- 5 The Role of Large Players in Currency Crises
- 6 Contagion
- 7 Credit, Prices, and Crashes
- 8 Did the Malaysian Capital Controls Work?
- 9 Malaysia's Crisis
- 10 Negative Alchemy?
- 11 Domestic Bank Regulation and Financial Crises Theory and Empirical Evidence from East Asia
- 12 Dollarization of Liabilities, Net Worth Effects, and Optimal Monetary Policy
- 13 Chaebol Capitalism and the Currency-Financial Crisis in Korea
- 14 Living with the Fear of Floating
- 15 Policy in an Economy with Balance Sheet Effects
- 16 A Primer on Emerging-Market Crises
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.