- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration and Names
- Introduction Religious Reform, Nationalism, and Christian Mission
- 1 The Church of the East before the Modern Missionary Encounter
- 2 <i>A Residence of Eight Years in Persia</i> (1843)
- 3 Printing the Living Word
- 4 Being Together in the Living Word
- 5 Death, the Maiden, and Dreams of Revival
- 6 National Contestation and Evangelical Consciousness
- 7 Continuity and Change in the Late Nineteenth Century
- 8 Retrieving the Ruins of Nineveh
- Epilogue Mirza David George Malik (1861–1931) and the Engaged Ambivalence of Poetry in Exile
- Revival and Awakening
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.