- Title Pages
- Chicago Studies in Ethnomusicology
- Part I Composers in the Infrastructures of Japanese Modernity
- Chapter One The Primary Connection: Music and Education
- Chapter Two Connectivities of Government, Education, Industry, and Commerce
- Part II Japanese Composers in Shared Cultural Spaces of Western Music
- Chapter Three International Participation in the Shared Space of Concert Music in the Global Cosmopolitan Culture
- Chapter Four Hōgaku in the Environment of Shared Cultural Space in Japanese Musical Modernity
- Part III The Presence in Japan of European Spheres of Musical Participation
- Chapter Five Composing for European Instrumental Ensembles
- Chapter Six Composing for Chorus
- Composing Japanese Musical Modernity
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.