- Title Pages
- 1 Mathematicians versus Practical Men
- 2 The Air as an Ideal Fluid
- 3 Early British Work on Lift and Drag
- 4 Lanchester’s Cyclic Theory of Lift and Its Early Reception
- 5 Two Traditions: Mathematical Physics and Technical Mechanics
- 6 Technische Mechanik in Action: Kutta’s Arc and the Joukowsky Wing
- 7The Finite Wing:
- 8 “We Have Nothing to Learn from the Hun”:
- 9 The Laws of Prandtl and the Laws of Nature
- 10 Pessimism, Positivism, and Relativism: Aerodynamic Knowledge in Context
- The Enigma of the Aerofoil
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.