- Title Pages
- The Lewis Henry Morgan Lectures / 1999
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Reproductive Tolls and Temporalities in Studies of Reproduction
- Chapter 3 Setting, Data, and Methods
- Chapter 4 Managing the Birth Interval: Child Spacing
- Chapter 5 Disjunctures and Anomalies: Deconstructing Child Spacing
- Chapter 6 Realizing a Reproductive Endowment in a Contingent Body
- Chapter 7 Time-Neutral Reproduction, Time-Neutral Aging
- Chapter 8 Reaping the Rewards of Reproduction: Morality, Retirement, and Repletion
- Chapter 9 Discovering Our Habitus: Contingency and Linearity in Western Obstetric Observations
- Chapter 10 Rethinking Fertility, Time, and Aging
- Appendix A Evidence for the Gambian Results in Western Medical Research
- Appendix B Gerontology and the Plasticity of Aging
- Glossary of Mandinka Terms
- Contingent Lives
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.