- Title Pages
- Tables and Figures
- Chapter 1 War and the American Presidency
- Chapter 2 The Policy Priority Model
- Chapter 3 The Model's Predictions about Modern U.S. Wars
- Chapter 4 Spending in War and in Peace
- Chapter 5 Voting in War and in Peace
- Chapter 6 Case Studies I: Illustrations
- Chapter 7 Case Studies II: Challenges
- Chapter 8 Summaries, Speculations, and Extensions
- Appendix A Technical Details, Chapter 2
- Appendix B Alternative Bridging Criteria, Chapter 5
- Appendix C Summary Tables, Chapter 5
- Appendix D Robustness Checks, Chapter 5
- The Wartime President
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.