- Title Pages
- Chapter One Introduction: America at War
- Chapter Two Public Opinion and War: A Historical Perspective
- Chapter Three The Myths and Meaning of Public Opinion and World War II
- Chapter Four The Calculation of Costs: An Innocent Public
- Chapter Five Partisan Structure of War Support: Events, Elites, and the Public
- Chapter Six Ethnic Groups: Attachments, Enmities, and Support for War
- Chapter Seven Civil Liberties and War
- Chapter Eight Elections During Wartime
- Chapter Nine Conclusions
- Appendix A Description of Data and Weighting
- Appendix B Iraq War Casualty Survey Analysis
- Appendix C Congressional Record Content Analysis
- Appendix D Statistical Significance of Ethnic Variables
- Appendix E Relationship Between Support for War and Support For Restricting Civil Liberties
- Appendix F Nes Analysis of Retrospective War Support
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.